Want to sign up to our Newsletter?

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Responding to Why

Why do you need a "real" haircut? ...
Because it's cool!
"I have a question ..."  Daily, seemingly every minute in my warped way of reasoning, I find myself being asked a question.  Sometimes before a greeting is even offered.  I often respond, "I'm fine, thank you, how was your day?" before answering said question.  When I do answer, it is typically followed by "why?" If I don't have a quick answer to the 'why' it turns into a frustrated "Because" or ... "I already answered that question everyday this week!" or ... "Didn't we already talk about this, why are you asking this again?" ..." When the only answer they want to hear is YES, a NO is cause of the aforementioned, 'why'.  Wouldn't it be amazingly awesome to ALWAYS have a wise answer that is full of grace and seasoned with salt to challenge the hearer in a loving way that makes them stop asking why after every No answer? 

One morning as I was sitting in the corner of my hiding place, feasting on "The Banqueting Table" and pondering this question, I thought I heard a mans voice talking inside Abuelita's house.  I didn't recognize the voice and was confused because it was early in the morning!  As I turned my head to listen, I realized it was the neighbors talking and their voices were bouncing (echoing) off the corner of the house where I was sitting!  As I continued to read from Colossians, something sticky had been in my Bible and stuck the pages together causing some of the words to be pulled off the page.  As I was trying to decipher what it said, I realized the words were transferred to a blank spot on the opposite page.  As I silently asked, "Father? ... How? ... In spite of my humanness, how can I respond with a wise answer full of grace and seasoned with salt?"

This is what He said ... Colossians 4:2-6 1. Devote yourself to prayer ... 2. Proclaim the mystery of Christ clearly ... 3. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders ... 4. Make the most of every opportunity ... 5. Let you conversation be always full of grace ... The words echoing off the wall, the words reflected on the opposite page ... It's about reflecting ME, echoing My heart to the world I am sending you to ... Even when they ask you "whats for dinner? what are we doing tonight? when can I get a haircut?  is anyone coming over?  are we going to the base?  can I have a snack? can I go to Estephani's house?"  The same questions every single day, all week long.  These five challenges my friends, are the fragrance of the hiding place!   To make the most of EVERY opportunity to reflect the presence and echo the heart of The One who has given me the breath to do so.  Even if ... (can you see the twinkle in His mischievous eyes?) school is canceled and we're quarantined 24/7 in the house together.

Echoing His words ... Reflecting His love ... In need of His grace!

Life on the Mountain
Sunshine and beautiful blue skies ... A week of change due to things being canceled ... Time for much needed heart to hearts ... Attempted to get fingerprinted, needing to schedule an appointment, grace given, grace received ... Celebrating the joy of new life, sharing knowledge He imparted for a job that I absolutely love and the miracle of birth! ... A few hours to scrapbook ... Giving a fresh prayer/anointing covering over our house ... time for Date with Dad night ... Dinner and catching up with dear friends ... Arriving to Saturday and realizing things canceled, we have time to be creative at home and time for a cafecito to hear her heart ... Last minute sleepover ... Looking for His reflection, listening to His echo and attempting to answer full of grace!

Praise
Nelson's mother is responding positively to antibiotics
The birth of their sweet daughter couldn't have been more perfect!
 **thank you all for praying for this dear couple**
Unity, communication and grace in our marriage
Confidence and trust with our neighbors
Lost gate control was found quickly!

Prayer
EMM retreat in Guatemala in 3 weeks ... pray for Father's grace to handle the disappointment if it's canceled.
To be in tune with ways to serve each other
Our neighbors marriage, please pray for healing and restoration
Pray for Adam as he continues to adjust to all day school ... little things can turn into big things pretty quickly!
For our boys to make every effort to do what leads to peace
To answer full of grace, to reflect Fathers heart, to be wise in the way we act toward outsiders, to make the most of every opportunity



"The page"

How NOT to avoid the Coronavirus! 

"This eye doesn't sleep when the others do!"

Diggers, dirt and water ... Necessities in a little boys world!

First Vida220 school in Honduras! ...
God is faithful, God is good! 

Sweet baby snuggles ... enveloped in a world of pink! 

Showing off her new hat!

Practicing "Show and Tell" about his 5 senses

1/2 hour of quiet ... : )
No questions to answer! 

Homemade play dough ...
"Seasoned with salt"







1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete